Bhupathi-Bopanna in semis of Cincinnati Masters
Cincinnati: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna, who were on Saturday omitted from India`s Davis Cup team, have reached the semifinals of the ATP Cincinnati Masters with a hard-earned win over third seeds Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski.
The sixth seed Indian pair recorded a 6-4 3-6 10-8 win over the Polish pair in the quarter-finals of the USD 2,825,280 hard court event.
They are up against Croatia`s Ivan Dodig and Brazilian Marcelo Melo in the last-four pairs stage.
Dodig and Melo had beaten the fifth seed combination of India`s Leander Paes and Czech Radek Stepanek in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees