Bhupathi-Bopanna in semis of Cincinnati Masters
Cincinnati: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna, who were on Saturday omitted from India`s Davis Cup team, have reached the semifinals of the ATP Cincinnati Masters with a hard-earned win over third seeds Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski.
The sixth seed Indian pair recorded a 6-4 3-6 10-8 win over the Polish pair in the quarter-finals of the USD 2,825,280 hard court event.
They are up against Croatia`s Ivan Dodig and Brazilian Marcelo Melo in the last-four pairs stage.
Dodig and Melo had beaten the fifth seed combination of India`s Leander Paes and Czech Radek Stepanek in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!