Bhupathi-Bopanna in semis of Cincinnati Masters
Cincinnati: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna, who were on Saturday omitted from India`s Davis Cup team, have reached the semifinals of the ATP Cincinnati Masters with a hard-earned win over third seeds Mariusz Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski.
The sixth seed Indian pair recorded a 6-4 3-6 10-8 win over the Polish pair in the quarter-finals of the USD 2,825,280 hard court event.
They are up against Croatia`s Ivan Dodig and Brazilian Marcelo Melo in the last-four pairs stage.
Dodig and Melo had beaten the fifth seed combination of India`s Leander Paes and Czech Radek Stepanek in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal