Bhupathi-Bopanna lose final of Rome Masters
Rome: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna ended runners-up at the Rome Masters after a tame straight sets defeat at the hands of top seeded American team of Mike and Bob Bryan here on Sunday.
The sixth seeded Indian combination lost 2-6 3-6 in the summit clash of the euro 3,204,745 clay court event.
Such was the domination of the veteran American pair that Indians could not earn even a single break chance.
The Indians lost their serve twice in the opening set and once in the second.
Bhupathi and Bopanna were playing their second final of the season and first together.
Bhupathi had won the Dubai event with Michael Llodra while Bopanna had triumphed at Marseille, France with Colin Fleming.
With their runners-up finish, Bhupathi and Bopanna split 76,060 euros as prize money and earned 600 ranking points each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!