Bhupathi-Bopanna lose first match in World Tour Finals
London: The Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna squandered two match points before losing its first match of the ATP World Tour Finals against Jonathan Marray and Frederik Nielsen, here on Tuesday.
The Indians, making their debut as a pair in the elite season-ending event, lost their Group B match 6-4 7-6 (1) 10-12 against the British-Denmark combination in one hour and 36 minutes.
Bhupathi and Bopanna are coming into the top-8 teams event after winning the Paris Masters last week.
The fifth seed Indian pair will now have to win the last two Group B matches to keep themselves in the semi-finals hunt.
Bhupathi and Bopanna came back well after losing the first set and even had two match points in the Super Tie breaker but could not cash in on.
Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek, seeded third in Group A, will open their campaign against Paris Masters finalists and seventh seeds Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi of Pakistan and Dutch Jean-Julien Rojer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city