Bhupathi-Bopanna lose first match in World Tour Finals
London: The Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna squandered two match points before losing its first match of the ATP World Tour Finals against Jonathan Marray and Frederik Nielsen, here on Tuesday.
The Indians, making their debut as a pair in the elite season-ending event, lost their Group B match 6-4 7-6 (1) 10-12 against the British-Denmark combination in one hour and 36 minutes.
Bhupathi and Bopanna are coming into the top-8 teams event after winning the Paris Masters last week.
The fifth seed Indian pair will now have to win the last two Group B matches to keep themselves in the semi-finals hunt.
Bhupathi and Bopanna came back well after losing the first set and even had two match points in the Super Tie breaker but could not cash in on.
Leander Paes and his Czech partner Radek Stepanek, seeded third in Group A, will open their campaign against Paris Masters finalists and seventh seeds Aisam-ul-Haq Qureshi of Pakistan and Dutch Jean-Julien Rojer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda