Bhupathi-Bopanna make Dubai Open quarterfinals; Paes-Tipsarevic lose
Dubai: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna have progressed to the quarterfinals of the ATP Dubai Open but Chennai Open winners Leander Paes and Janko Tipsarevic were ousted after first round defeat.
Fourth seeded Indian pair of Bhupathi and Bopanna faced a stiff resistance from Lukas Ouhy and Alexandr Dolgopolov before winning 6-4, 7-5 in the opening round of the USD 1,700,475 hard court event.
They now face Paul Hanley and Jamie Murray. Meanwhile unseeded pair of Paes and Tipsarevic lost 4-6, 5-7 to second seeds Robert Lindstedt and Horia Teacu.
Paes has chosen Radek Stepanek as his partner for the 2012 season and won the Australian Open with him.
However, he had started the season with Tipsarevic by winning the Chennai Open in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan