Bhupathi-Bopanna make Dubai Open quarterfinals; Paes-Tipsarevic lose
Dubai: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna have progressed to the quarterfinals of the ATP Dubai Open but Chennai Open winners Leander Paes and Janko Tipsarevic were ousted after first round defeat.
Fourth seeded Indian pair of Bhupathi and Bopanna faced a stiff resistance from Lukas Ouhy and Alexandr Dolgopolov before winning 6-4, 7-5 in the opening round of the USD 1,700,475 hard court event.
They now face Paul Hanley and Jamie Murray. Meanwhile unseeded pair of Paes and Tipsarevic lost 4-6, 5-7 to second seeds Robert Lindstedt and Horia Teacu.
Paes has chosen Radek Stepanek as his partner for the 2012 season and won the Australian Open with him.
However, he had started the season with Tipsarevic by winning the Chennai Open in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on