Bhupathi-Bopanna out of Rome Masters
Rome: The seventh seed Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna crashed out of the ATP Rome Masters after suffering a straight-sets defeat at the hands of Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez, here.
The Spaniards raced to a 6-4, 6-1 win in one hour and five minutes in the semifinals of the euro 2,427,975 clay court event.
Bhupathi and Bopanna had their chances in the second set, getting two breakpoints but they squandered both. They dropped their serve thrice in the same set.
Granollers and Lopez had also upset third seeds Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic in the quarter-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range