Bhupathi-Bopanna out of Rome Masters
Rome: The seventh seed Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna crashed out of the ATP Rome Masters after suffering a straight-sets defeat at the hands of Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez, here.
The Spaniards raced to a 6-4, 6-1 win in one hour and five minutes in the semifinals of the euro 2,427,975 clay court event.
Bhupathi and Bopanna had their chances in the second set, getting two breakpoints but they squandered both. They dropped their serve thrice in the same set.
Granollers and Lopez had also upset third seeds Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic in the quarter-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!