Bhupathi-Bopanna reach semis of World Tour Finals
London: India`s Rohan Bopanna and Mahesh Bhupathi romped into the doubles semi-finals of the ATP World Tour Finals, defeating higher-ranked pair of Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor.
The World No.5 duo got the better of the second-ranked team 7-6 (5), 6-7 (5), 10-5 in a pulsating Group B match at O2 arena here.
Bhupathi-Bopanna, fresh from their win in Paris Masters, played their heart out against the Belarusian-Canadian duo, winning the tie in a little less than two hours.
It was a must win match for the Indians, who had lost their opening match to Wimbledon champions Jonathan Marray and Frederik Nielsen before bouncing back in the second against Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau.
Bhupathi-Bopanna qualify as the runner-up team from Group B and face the winners of Group A in the last four.
India`s Leander Paes and Czech partner Radek Stepanek face the Bryan brothers in their final match in Group A Saturday. The World No.3 unit became the first side to qualify from their pool with a win over Spanish combine of Marc Lopez and Marcel Granollers Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Germany: Gunman killed after shooting inside cinema complex
- Anil Kumble appointed as the new head coach of Indian cricket team
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union