Bhupathi-Bopanna shown the door at Madrid Masters
Madrid: Indian Challenge ended at the Madrid Open with the straight set defeat of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna at the hands of unseeded team of Jeremy Chardy and Lukas Kubot, here.
An off-colour Indian team squandered all the six points it earned in the second set to suffer a 2-6, 4-6 defeat against the French-Polish combo in the quarter-finals of the euro 4,303,867 clay court tournament.
The Indians could win just 38 points to 62 of their rivals.
Leander Paes and his Austrian partner Jurgen Melzer had lost in the second round to Tommy Haas and Radek Stepanek.
In the women`s event, running simultaneously, Sania Mirza and her American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands had also lost in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi