Bhupathi-Bopanna shown the door at Madrid Masters
Madrid: Indian Challenge ended at the Madrid Open with the straight set defeat of Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna at the hands of unseeded team of Jeremy Chardy and Lukas Kubot, here.
An off-colour Indian team squandered all the six points it earned in the second set to suffer a 2-6, 4-6 defeat against the French-Polish combo in the quarter-finals of the euro 4,303,867 clay court tournament.
The Indians could win just 38 points to 62 of their rivals.
Leander Paes and his Austrian partner Jurgen Melzer had lost in the second round to Tommy Haas and Radek Stepanek.
In the women`s event, running simultaneously, Sania Mirza and her American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands had also lost in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed