Bhupathi, Bopanna to renew partnership
Bangalore: Following a good partnership in 2012 that saw them finish as finalists at the ATP World Tour Finals, tennis players Rohan Bopanna and Mahesh Bhupathi renewed their partnership on Monday.
They experimented briefly with new partners earlier in the year. Bopanna won the Marseilles Open with Scottish partner Colin Fleming and Bhupathi partnered Michael Llodra to win the Dubai Open.
Currently India`s top two doubles players, Bhupathi (No.10) and Bopanna (No.12) will be playing on the same side of the court, commencing with the Monte Carlo Masters.
The duo believes that their experience of playing together on the tour during 2012 will hold them in good stead.
Speaking on the partnership Bhupathi said, "We had a really good run last year and had found a rhythm in our game while having a great time playing together. We have a refined understanding of each other`s games and gel well on and off the court. All strong characteristics that I know will translate into a successful partnership for us on the tour. Also as the country`s top doubles team, I don`t think either of us could have asked for a more dependable partner."
Echoing Bhupathi`s sentiments, Bopanna added, "Playing with Mahesh has been a great learning experience for me and we make a formidable doubles team. While we will work towards improving on last year`s performances, we do make a solid team in the knowledge that we have each other`s back throughout."
This year, Bhupathi, a veteran of 52 men`s doubles titles including four Grand Slams and eight mixed doubles Grand Slams, gets set to hang his boots following a long international career in the sport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar