Bhupathi-Mirnyi in quarters of Dubai Tennis
Dubai: India`s Mahesh Bhupathi and his
Belarussian partner Max Mirnyi on Monday advanced to the doubles
quarterfinals of the Dubai Tennis Championship here after
defeating the wildcard pair of the UAE`s Mahmoud-Nader Al
Baloushi and Kuwait`s Abdullah Magdas in straight sets.
The third-seed pair of Bhupathi and Mirnyi overcame the
first set challenge to beat Al Baloushi and Magdas 7-5, 6-0 in
56 minutes in the USD 1,619,500 event.
The Indo-Belarussian pair will next play the winner of
the match between Swede Simon Aspelin and Australian Paul
Hanley and Serbians Novak Djokovic and Dusan Vemic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video