Bhupathi-Nestor top seeded pair at Chennai Open
Chennai: India`s doubles star Mahesh Bhupathi and his new partner Daniel Nestor will be the top seeded pair at the ATP Chennai Open, starting December 31.
Bhupathi has teamed up with the Canadian world number five for the 2013 season after playing with compatriot Rohan Bopanna in the 2012 season.
Together Bhupathi and Bopanna compiled an impressive 34-22 match record and 2-3 in finals.
"Being an Indian and among the best doubles players in the world, Mahesh Bhupathi has a huge fan following in Chennai. Daniel Nestor is a top five ranked doubles player. We welcome Mahesh and
Daniel to Aircel Chennai Open 2013 and look forward to seeing them play some excellent tennis in front of eager home crowds," said Karti P Chidambaram, Chairman of the Tournament Organising Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them