Bhupathi-Nestor top seeded pair at Chennai Open
Chennai: India`s doubles star Mahesh Bhupathi and his new partner Daniel Nestor will be the top seeded pair at the ATP Chennai Open, starting December 31.
Bhupathi has teamed up with the Canadian world number five for the 2013 season after playing with compatriot Rohan Bopanna in the 2012 season.
Together Bhupathi and Bopanna compiled an impressive 34-22 match record and 2-3 in finals.
"Being an Indian and among the best doubles players in the world, Mahesh Bhupathi has a huge fan following in Chennai. Daniel Nestor is a top five ranked doubles player. We welcome Mahesh and
Daniel to Aircel Chennai Open 2013 and look forward to seeing them play some excellent tennis in front of eager home crowds," said Karti P Chidambaram, Chairman of the Tournament Organising Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump