Bhupathi-Nestor top seeded pair at Chennai Open
Chennai: India`s doubles star Mahesh Bhupathi and his new partner Daniel Nestor will be the top seeded pair at the ATP Chennai Open, starting December 31.
Bhupathi has teamed up with the Canadian world number five for the 2013 season after playing with compatriot Rohan Bopanna in the 2012 season.
Together Bhupathi and Bopanna compiled an impressive 34-22 match record and 2-3 in finals.
"Being an Indian and among the best doubles players in the world, Mahesh Bhupathi has a huge fan following in Chennai. Daniel Nestor is a top five ranked doubles player. We welcome Mahesh and
Daniel to Aircel Chennai Open 2013 and look forward to seeing them play some excellent tennis in front of eager home crowds," said Karti P Chidambaram, Chairman of the Tournament Organising Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH