Bhupathi-Nestor top seeded pair at Chennai Open
Chennai: India`s doubles star Mahesh Bhupathi and his new partner Daniel Nestor will be the top seeded pair at the ATP Chennai Open, starting December 31.
Bhupathi has teamed up with the Canadian world number five for the 2013 season after playing with compatriot Rohan Bopanna in the 2012 season.
Together Bhupathi and Bopanna compiled an impressive 34-22 match record and 2-3 in finals.
"Being an Indian and among the best doubles players in the world, Mahesh Bhupathi has a huge fan following in Chennai. Daniel Nestor is a top five ranked doubles player. We welcome Mahesh and
Daniel to Aircel Chennai Open 2013 and look forward to seeing them play some excellent tennis in front of eager home crowds," said Karti P Chidambaram, Chairman of the Tournament Organising Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees