Bhupathi says 2013 would be his last year on tour
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Monday, December 03, 2012, 00:01
  
Bhupathi says 2013 would be his last year on tour
Kolkata: Indian doubles tennis ace Mahesh Bhupathi on Sunday said 2013 would be his last year on tour as he has retirement in mind.

"I`ve had a great career. I don`t enjoy leaving my baby alone and going for tours so much. I am happy to call it a day," Bhupathi, who has a career Grand Slam in mixed doubles, said here on Sunday.

In the city for a promotional programme, the 38-year-old said, "I`ve had the opportunity to play alongside many great players...

"From Todd Woodbridge to Max Mirnyi to Leander Paes to Mary Pierce to Martina Hingis, it has been a great ride for me," he said.

He also spoke about the Sachin Tendulkar and said the critics should leave the Little Master alone.

"He does not need to prove anything to anybody. He has scored 100 centuries. The people in the media writing about him have no idea. He will take the right decision at the right time," Bhupathi said.

PTI

First Published: Monday, December 03, 2012, 00:01


comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular in News