Bhupathi-Vesnina in mixed doubles quarter-finals
London: Indian star Mahesh Bhupathi and
Elena Vesnina advanced to mixed doubles quarter-finals of the
Wimbledon championships after quelling a late challenge from
Eric Butorac and Olga Govortsova on Wednesday.
The fourth-seed Indo-Russian combination dismissed the
challenge of American-Belarusian pair 6-2 7-6 (7) in the third
It was a good day for Vesnina as she earlier partnering
India`s Sania Mirza reached the women`s doubles semifinals.
Bhupathi-Vesnina may run into the Sania-Rohan Bopanna
Indian pair in the mixed doubles semifinals if both the pairs
win their respective quarter-finals.
Bopanna and Sania are one step away from making the
quarter-finals as they face Czech team of Martin Damm and
Renata Voracova in the third round.
Earlier today, they scored a 7-5, 6-2 victory over Jamie
Murray of Great Britain and Jarmila Gajdosova of Australia in
the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!