Big-hitting Ivo Karlovic serves up new world record
Zagreb: Big-hitting Croat Ivo Karlovic set a new world record with a 251km per hour serve in his country`s Davis Cup World Group first round tie against Germany, competition organisers said.
The previous record of 249.4km per hour was set by American Andy Roddick in a Davis Cup semi-final in 2004.
The 2.08m Karlovic, making his return from achilles surgery, on Saturday hit the monster serve in the fourth set of his doubles tie which he and teammate Ivan Dodig lost 6-3, 3-6, 5-7, 6-3, 6-4 to Germany`s Christopher Kas and Philipp Petzschner.
Germany lead Croatia 2-1 going into Sunday`s reverse singles rubbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends