Big-hitting Ivo Karlovic serves up new world record
Zagreb: Big-hitting Croat Ivo Karlovic set a new world record with a 251km per hour serve in his country`s Davis Cup World Group first round tie against Germany, competition organisers said.
The previous record of 249.4km per hour was set by American Andy Roddick in a Davis Cup semi-final in 2004.
The 2.08m Karlovic, making his return from achilles surgery, on Saturday hit the monster serve in the fourth set of his doubles tie which he and teammate Ivan Dodig lost 6-3, 3-6, 5-7, 6-3, 6-4 to Germany`s Christopher Kas and Philipp Petzschner.
Germany lead Croatia 2-1 going into Sunday`s reverse singles rubbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane