Big-hitting Ivo Karlovic serves up new world record
Zagreb: Big-hitting Croat Ivo Karlovic set a new world record with a 251km per hour serve in his country`s Davis Cup World Group first round tie against Germany, competition organisers said.
The previous record of 249.4km per hour was set by American Andy Roddick in a Davis Cup semi-final in 2004.
The 2.08m Karlovic, making his return from achilles surgery, on Saturday hit the monster serve in the fourth set of his doubles tie which he and teammate Ivan Dodig lost 6-3, 3-6, 5-7, 6-3, 6-4 to Germany`s Christopher Kas and Philipp Petzschner.
Germany lead Croatia 2-1 going into Sunday`s reverse singles rubbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death