Big-hitting Ivo Karlovic serves up new world record
Zagreb: Big-hitting Croat Ivo Karlovic set a new world record with a 251km per hour serve in his country`s Davis Cup World Group first round tie against Germany, competition organisers said.
The previous record of 249.4km per hour was set by American Andy Roddick in a Davis Cup semi-final in 2004.
The 2.08m Karlovic, making his return from achilles surgery, on Saturday hit the monster serve in the fourth set of his doubles tie which he and teammate Ivan Dodig lost 6-3, 3-6, 5-7, 6-3, 6-4 to Germany`s Christopher Kas and Philipp Petzschner.
Germany lead Croatia 2-1 going into Sunday`s reverse singles rubbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks