BNP Paribas Open: Djokovic stunned by del Potro; Nadal through to final
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Indian Wells: Juan Martin del Potro stunned world number one Novak Djokovic to enter the final of the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells.
The seventh seeded Argentine lost the first set 4-6 but then came back strongly to win the remaining two sets 6-4 6-4 to end the Serbian`s 22-match winning streak that goes all the way back to his loss to Sam Querrey at the Paris Masters in October 2012.
Del Potro will face comeback man and former world number one Rafael Nadal in the final on Sunday after the Spaniard overcame Tomas Berdych in the other semi, winning in straight sets 6-4 7-5 to reach his first hard-court final in a year.
Djokovic admitted her was way off his game in the post match interview.
"It`s OK. It happens in sport," he said, "I just didn`t make it this time. I didn`t deserve to win today. Whenever I had chances, second, third set, I threw them away with some unforced errors. My movement was poor, and I congratulate to my opponent."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'