BNP Paribas Open: Djokovic stunned by del Potro; Nadal through to final
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Indian Wells: Juan Martin del Potro stunned world number one Novak Djokovic to enter the final of the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells.
The seventh seeded Argentine lost the first set 4-6 but then came back strongly to win the remaining two sets 6-4 6-4 to end the Serbian`s 22-match winning streak that goes all the way back to his loss to Sam Querrey at the Paris Masters in October 2012.
Del Potro will face comeback man and former world number one Rafael Nadal in the final on Sunday after the Spaniard overcame Tomas Berdych in the other semi, winning in straight sets 6-4 7-5 to reach his first hard-court final in a year.
Djokovic admitted her was way off his game in the post match interview.
"It`s OK. It happens in sport," he said, "I just didn`t make it this time. I didn`t deserve to win today. Whenever I had chances, second, third set, I threw them away with some unforced errors. My movement was poor, and I congratulate to my opponent."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO