Bopanna-Begemann ousted from Citi Open
Washington: Rohan Bopanna and Andre Begemann suffered a quarter-final exit from the ATP Citi Open after a close defeat against Treat Huey and Dominic Inglot here.
The unseeded Indo-German pair, which had shocked top seeds, lost 4-6 6-7(1) to the Filipino-Briton combo in the second round of the USD 1,295,790 hard court tournament.
Somdev Devvarman has already exited from the singles event and thus Indian challenge has ended in the tournament.
Bopanna and his new partner paid the price of squandering all four break chances in the second set.
After conceding one-set lead, they had good chance to equalise but the issue was stretched to the tie-breaker in which they were outplayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today