Bopanna-Begemann ousted from Citi Open
Washington: Rohan Bopanna and Andre Begemann suffered a quarter-final exit from the ATP Citi Open after a close defeat against Treat Huey and Dominic Inglot here.
The unseeded Indo-German pair, which had shocked top seeds, lost 4-6 6-7(1) to the Filipino-Briton combo in the second round of the USD 1,295,790 hard court tournament.
Somdev Devvarman has already exited from the singles event and thus Indian challenge has ended in the tournament.
Bopanna and his new partner paid the price of squandering all four break chances in the second set.
After conceding one-set lead, they had good chance to equalise but the issue was stretched to the tie-breaker in which they were outplayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Maharashtra govt to transfer 933 cr lottery revenue loss case to CBI
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli
- NIA files charge sheet against three men deported from UAE for ISIS links