Bopanna-Begemann ousted from Citi Open
Washington: Rohan Bopanna and Andre Begemann suffered a quarter-final exit from the ATP Citi Open after a close defeat against Treat Huey and Dominic Inglot here.
The unseeded Indo-German pair, which had shocked top seeds, lost 4-6 6-7(1) to the Filipino-Briton combo in the second round of the USD 1,295,790 hard court tournament.
Somdev Devvarman has already exited from the singles event and thus Indian challenge has ended in the tournament.
Bopanna and his new partner paid the price of squandering all four break chances in the second set.
After conceding one-set lead, they had good chance to equalise but the issue was stretched to the tie-breaker in which they were outplayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'