Bopanna-Begemann ousted from Citi Open
Washington: Rohan Bopanna and Andre Begemann suffered a quarter-final exit from the ATP Citi Open after a close defeat against Treat Huey and Dominic Inglot here.
The unseeded Indo-German pair, which had shocked top seeds, lost 4-6 6-7(1) to the Filipino-Briton combo in the second round of the USD 1,295,790 hard court tournament.
Somdev Devvarman has already exited from the singles event and thus Indian challenge has ended in the tournament.
Bopanna and his new partner paid the price of squandering all four break chances in the second set.
After conceding one-set lead, they had good chance to equalise but the issue was stretched to the tie-breaker in which they were outplayed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- India to grow at 7.6% in FY'17, GST to boost trade, investment: RBI
- South Africa hold 372-run lead over New Zealand despite top order collapse in second innings
- Government defers mega spectrum auction by 2 days to Oct 1
- Attempt to provoke India again? Pak aircraft violates Indian airspace in J&K
- No blanket ban on pellet guns in Kashmir Valley, to be used in 'rarest of rare cases'