Bopanna-Edouard lose Cincinnati semis
Cincinnati: India`s Rohan Bopanna and his French partner Edouard Roger-Vasselin squandered all five break chances against Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez to bow of the ATP Cincinnati Masters, here.
The eighth-seeded Indo-French combination lost 5-7 2-6 to the Spanish second seeds in the semifinals of the USD 3,079,555 hard court tournament.
Bopanna and Roger-Vasselin had three chances in the first set and two in the second but could not convert any.
On the other side, they dropped their serve one time in the opening set and twice in the second.
The Spanish side will now face top seeded American twins Mike and Bob Bryan, who saved a match point to advance to their 12th doubles final of the year with a 4-6 7-6(6) 10-6 win over Santiago Gonzalez and Scott Lipsky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh