Bopanna-Edouard lose Cincinnati semis
Cincinnati: India`s Rohan Bopanna and his French partner Edouard Roger-Vasselin squandered all five break chances against Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez to bow of the ATP Cincinnati Masters, here.
The eighth-seeded Indo-French combination lost 5-7 2-6 to the Spanish second seeds in the semifinals of the USD 3,079,555 hard court tournament.
Bopanna and Roger-Vasselin had three chances in the first set and two in the second but could not convert any.
On the other side, they dropped their serve one time in the opening set and twice in the second.
The Spanish side will now face top seeded American twins Mike and Bob Bryan, who saved a match point to advance to their 12th doubles final of the year with a 4-6 7-6(6) 10-6 win over Santiago Gonzalez and Scott Lipsky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman