Bopanna-Lu sent packing from Tashkent Challenger
New Delhi: Curtains were drawn on Indian
challenge at the Tashkent ATP Challenger following Rohan
Bopanna and Yen Hsun Yen Lu`s semifinal defeat in the doubles
The second seeded Indo-Taipei pair began well but lost
steam as the match progressed to succumb to a 6-3 1-6 5-10
beating against local favourites Denis Istomin and Murad
Bopanna and Lu split USD 2700 as prize money and got 40
ATP ranking points each for their effort.
Bopanna had lost his first round singles against Lu.
Another Indian Somdev Devvarman had lost his second round
singles and first round doubles early in the USD 1,25,00 hard
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill