Bopanna-Moser humbled at Italy Challenger event
New Delhi: The top seed pair of India`s Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna and Frank Moser made a shock exit from the euro 42,500 ATP Challenger event in Italy following a straight set defeat at the hands of Jamie Murray and Jamie Delgado.
The Indo-German pair lost 1-6 4-6 to the unseeded Britons in the second round of the clay court event.
Bopanna is making a comeback to the competitive tennis after a knee injury, suffered just before the Wimbledon championships.
Bopanna is almost sure of a berth in India`s Davis Cup squad for the World Group away play-off tie against South Africa next month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India