Bopanna out of top-10 after 3 defeats in season-ending finale
New Delhi: Indian Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna dropped out of the top-10 in the ATP doubles ranking after finishing last along with Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi in group B of the season-ending finale in London.
Bopanna and Qureshi lost all the three round-robin matches, which pushed the Indian to 11th, loss of one place.
Leander Paes (8) and Mahesh Bhupathi (7), who made the semifinals had their rankings unchanged.
In the team rankings, Paes and Bhupathi finished the season in fourth position, just ahead of Bopanna-Qureshi combination.
In the singles, Somdev Devvarman, who had aimed to break into top-50, ended in 84th position.
Sania Mirza, recovering from a knee injury, signed off the WTA season at number 87 the singles and 11 in the doubles list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion