Bopanna out of top-10 after US Open semifinal defeat
New Delhi: Indian Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna On Tuesday dropped out of the top-10 in the ATP doubles ranking chart, following the US Open semifinal defeat along with Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi.
Bopanna and Qureshi had made the summit clash last year and their journey ended in the semifinals this year as they lost to eventual runners-up Marcin Matkowski and Maruisz Fyrstenberg of Poland.
Bopanna lost five places to be at 14, just ahead of Qureshi.
As a team also Bopanna and Qureshi slid, as they lost a place to seven.
However, there was no change in the rankings of veteran players Mahesh Bhupathi (6) and Leander Paes (8).
In the teams ranking, Paes and Bhupathi were static at number four.
In the singles, Somdev Devvarman dropped a rung to 65.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog