Bopanna out of top-10 after US Open semifinal defeat
New Delhi: Indian Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna On Tuesday dropped out of the top-10 in the ATP doubles ranking chart, following the US Open semifinal defeat along with Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi.
Bopanna and Qureshi had made the summit clash last year and their journey ended in the semifinals this year as they lost to eventual runners-up Marcin Matkowski and Maruisz Fyrstenberg of Poland.
Bopanna lost five places to be at 14, just ahead of Qureshi.
As a team also Bopanna and Qureshi slid, as they lost a place to seven.
However, there was no change in the rankings of veteran players Mahesh Bhupathi (6) and Leander Paes (8).
In the teams ranking, Paes and Bhupathi were static at number four.
In the singles, Somdev Devvarman dropped a rung to 65.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM
- 'Third Front' leaders attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in as West Bengal CM; 42 ministers take oath