Bopanna out of top-10 after US Open semifinal defeat
New Delhi: Indian Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna On Tuesday dropped out of the top-10 in the ATP doubles ranking chart, following the US Open semifinal defeat along with Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi.
Bopanna and Qureshi had made the summit clash last year and their journey ended in the semifinals this year as they lost to eventual runners-up Marcin Matkowski and Maruisz Fyrstenberg of Poland.
Bopanna lost five places to be at 14, just ahead of Qureshi.
As a team also Bopanna and Qureshi slid, as they lost a place to seven.
However, there was no change in the rankings of veteran players Mahesh Bhupathi (6) and Leander Paes (8).
In the teams ranking, Paes and Bhupathi were static at number four.
In the singles, Somdev Devvarman dropped a rung to 65.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’