Bopanna out of top-10 after US Open semifinal defeat
New Delhi: Indian Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna On Tuesday dropped out of the top-10 in the ATP doubles ranking chart, following the US Open semifinal defeat along with Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi.
Bopanna and Qureshi had made the summit clash last year and their journey ended in the semifinals this year as they lost to eventual runners-up Marcin Matkowski and Maruisz Fyrstenberg of Poland.
Bopanna lost five places to be at 14, just ahead of Qureshi.
As a team also Bopanna and Qureshi slid, as they lost a place to seven.
However, there was no change in the rankings of veteran players Mahesh Bhupathi (6) and Leander Paes (8).
In the teams ranking, Paes and Bhupathi were static at number four.
In the singles, Somdev Devvarman dropped a rung to 65.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!
- AN-32 aircraft with 29 aboard missing; Indian Air Force intensifies search operation
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service
- Critically rare white African lion cub born in Texas zoo- See pic!