Bopanna out of top-10 after US Open semifinal defeat
New Delhi: Indian Davis Cupper Rohan Bopanna On Tuesday dropped out of the top-10 in the ATP doubles ranking chart, following the US Open semifinal defeat along with Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi.
Bopanna and Qureshi had made the summit clash last year and their journey ended in the semifinals this year as they lost to eventual runners-up Marcin Matkowski and Maruisz Fyrstenberg of Poland.
Bopanna lost five places to be at 14, just ahead of Qureshi.
As a team also Bopanna and Qureshi slid, as they lost a place to seven.
However, there was no change in the rankings of veteran players Mahesh Bhupathi (6) and Leander Paes (8).
In the teams ranking, Paes and Bhupathi were static at number four.
In the singles, Somdev Devvarman dropped a rung to 65.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Need to change laws, speed up processes to transform India: PM Narendra Modi
- Maharashtra's internal security law a 'jolt to democracy', says Shiv Sena
- Dadri lynching case: Allahabad High Court stays arrest of Mohd Akhlaq's family
- Australia coach Darren Lehmann backs Steve Smith's Sri Lanka series opt out
- Indonesia steps up fire response as haze blankets Singapore