Bopanna-Qureshi continue giant-killing spree, enter final
Paris: Rohan Bopanna and his Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi are one step away from winning their third ATP title of the season as they stormed into the final of the Paris Masters after edging past Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor, on Saturday.
The seventh seed Indo-Pak pair eked out a 6-3, 7-6 (7) win in the semifinals over the third seeded Belarusian-Candian combination in one hour and 27 minutes.
On Friday, they had shocked second seeds Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic 3-6, 6-4, 10-6 in the quarter-finals of the euro 2,750,000 event.
Bopanna and Qureshi had won Gerry Weber Open at Halle and Stockholm Open early this season.
The now face the winner of the others semifinal between French Pair of Julien Benneteau/ Nicolas Mahut and Santiago Gonzalez of Mexico and Kas Christopher of Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof