Bopanna-Qureshi lose second match of season-ending finale
London: Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi lost their second match of the ATP World Tour Finals after suffering a defeat at the hands of Michael Llodra of France and Nenad Zimonjic of Serbia in their Group A match.
Fifth seed "Indo-Pak Express" lost in straight sets, 6-7(6) 3-6 to second seed French-Serbian combo.
Bopanna and Qureshi, who are now left with just one match in their group, committed as many as seven double faults in the match as compared to just one by their opponents.
Both the pairs managed to win one of the two break points they got in the first set to take it to tie-breaker. But the strong combination of Llodra and Zimonjic cashed in on the mistake of their rivals to nose ahead.
In the second set, the French-Serbian managed to hold on to the chances they got as they converted two of the five break points to snatch the set and the match away.
Bopanna and Qureshi, who also lost their round-robin opener to Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor on Sunday, have dropped to a 38-25 season record, highlighted by three titles.
They have played great tennis this year, winning three doubles ATP Tour titles at Paris Masters, Stockholm Open and Gerry Weber Open. They also reached the semifinals of the 2011 US Open before falling to Polish stars Marius Fyrstenberg and Marcin Matkowski in straight sets.
Yesterday, Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi suffered a 6-7(6) 1-6 defeat at the hands of Sweden`s Robert Lindstedt and Horia Tecau of Romania in their first round Group A match.
The top two teams from the two group will make it to the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!