Bopanna-Qureshi reach quarters of ATP Paris Masters
Paris: India`s Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi today notched up a straight-set victory over Britain`s Colin Fleming and Jamie Murray to reach the quarterfinals of the ATP Paris Masters.
The Indo-Pak pair beat Fleming and Murray 6-4, 6-3 in the pre-quarters.
Bopanna-Qureshi, who got a bye in the opening round, will next face the winners of the match between Michael Llodra-Nenad Zimonic and Eric Butorac-Julien Jean.
The seventh seeded Bopanna-Qureshi pair saved two out of the third break points and also committed just three double faults compared to their rivals` six.
Ace Indian pair of Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes had crashed out of the tournament yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city