Bopanna-Ram pair advances to quarterfinals of Aircel Open
Chennai: India`s Rohan Bopanna and India-born American Rajeev Ram progressed with ease into the doubles event quarterfinals of the Aircel Chennai Open tennis tournament here tonight.
The third seeded pair took just an hour to dispose off Lu Yen-Hsun (Tpe) and Go Soeda (Jpn) 6-4, 6-3 and they will take on Benoit Paire of France and Stanislas Wawrinka (Sui) in the quarterfinal tie.
Earlier, in another doubles on the side court, German duo of Andre Begemann and Martin Emmrich defeated the English pair Jaime Delgado and Ken Skupski 7-6 (3) and 6-2.
In a centre court singles matches, second seed Janko Tipservic of Serbia defeated Roger Vasselin Edouard of France 6-2, 6-3 to make the quarterfinal, while fourth seed Stanislas Wawrinka beat Stebe Cedrik Marcel 6-4 6-3.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'