Bopanna-Ram pair advances to quarterfinals of Aircel Open
Chennai: India`s Rohan Bopanna and India-born American Rajeev Ram progressed with ease into the doubles event quarterfinals of the Aircel Chennai Open tennis tournament here tonight.
The third seeded pair took just an hour to dispose off Lu Yen-Hsun (Tpe) and Go Soeda (Jpn) 6-4, 6-3 and they will take on Benoit Paire of France and Stanislas Wawrinka (Sui) in the quarterfinal tie.
Earlier, in another doubles on the side court, German duo of Andre Begemann and Martin Emmrich defeated the English pair Jaime Delgado and Ken Skupski 7-6 (3) and 6-2.
In a centre court singles matches, second seed Janko Tipservic of Serbia defeated Roger Vasselin Edouard of France 6-2, 6-3 to make the quarterfinal, while fourth seed Stanislas Wawrinka beat Stebe Cedrik Marcel 6-4 6-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family