Boris Becker believes Murray could be world No. 1 by 2013!
London: Tennis legend Boris Becker believes Andy Murray can be world No. 1 by the next Wimbledon.
Murray, the US Open champion and Olympic gold medallist, would play in the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, marking his first appearance in UK since the New York win over Novak Djokovic in September that brought him his first Grand Slam.
“By next June he could be there. He has a very realistic chance of taking top spot. The reasons for Andy being where he is now has been in his self-belief,” the Daily Express quoted Becker, as saying.
“As long as Andy stays fit, he can do it. I can see a great rivalry developing between him and Djokovic that could equal the one between Borg and McEnroe, and Nadal and Federer. He knows he is good enough to win at the highest level. Winning the Olympics changed it all, and a lot of that was down to Ivan Lendl,” he added.
Becker belives Murray is the only emerging star as of now in the tennis circuit.
“don’t see any emerging stars and that’s why Andy can be dominant. He and Novak will be fighting it out over the next four years,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video