Boris Becker believes Murray could be world No. 1 by 2013!
London: Tennis legend Boris Becker believes Andy Murray can be world No. 1 by the next Wimbledon.
Murray, the US Open champion and Olympic gold medallist, would play in the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, marking his first appearance in UK since the New York win over Novak Djokovic in September that brought him his first Grand Slam.
“By next June he could be there. He has a very realistic chance of taking top spot. The reasons for Andy being where he is now has been in his self-belief,” the Daily Express quoted Becker, as saying.
“As long as Andy stays fit, he can do it. I can see a great rivalry developing between him and Djokovic that could equal the one between Borg and McEnroe, and Nadal and Federer. He knows he is good enough to win at the highest level. Winning the Olympics changed it all, and a lot of that was down to Ivan Lendl,” he added.
Becker belives Murray is the only emerging star as of now in the tennis circuit.
“don’t see any emerging stars and that’s why Andy can be dominant. He and Novak will be fighting it out over the next four years,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what