Brit tennis ace Robson turns to yoga to beat fan-induced pressure situations
London: British tennis player Laura Robson has said that she has adopted yoga techniques in her quest to perform better at Wimbledon, following pressure from her fans to do well.
A lot of hopes are resting on the teenager who is the only female Brit left in the draw and the odds favor her to come off an easy challenge in the next round in the form of Colombian qualifier Mariana Duque-Marino.
Stating that she used yoga techniques for relaxation even in her last match against Maria Kirilenko, Robson said that sometimes she got so nervous between points that she had to remind herself to remain calm and take some extra time.
According to the former Wimbledon junior champion, the prospect of waving to the crowd had charmed her even before the match had finished, causing a little lapse of concentration during her first round match against Kirilenko for which she is counting upon yoga to calm her in her future matches.
However, she admitted that even though she felt pressurized by her fans, the fact that thousands of people were with her had motivated her a lot.
Robson started her professional career in tennis at an early age, representing Britain at the Hopman Cup alongside Andy Murray when she was just 16.
Robson`s maturity brought rave reviews, with nine-times champion Martina -Navratilova predicting that the teenager will go on to be a top-10 player one day as she has the potential to do well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`