Brit tennis ace Robson turns to yoga to beat fan-induced pressure situations
London: British tennis player Laura Robson has said that she has adopted yoga techniques in her quest to perform better at Wimbledon, following pressure from her fans to do well.
A lot of hopes are resting on the teenager who is the only female Brit left in the draw and the odds favor her to come off an easy challenge in the next round in the form of Colombian qualifier Mariana Duque-Marino.
Stating that she used yoga techniques for relaxation even in her last match against Maria Kirilenko, Robson said that sometimes she got so nervous between points that she had to remind herself to remain calm and take some extra time.
According to the former Wimbledon junior champion, the prospect of waving to the crowd had charmed her even before the match had finished, causing a little lapse of concentration during her first round match against Kirilenko for which she is counting upon yoga to calm her in her future matches.
However, she admitted that even though she felt pressurized by her fans, the fact that thousands of people were with her had motivated her a lot.
Robson started her professional career in tennis at an early age, representing Britain at the Hopman Cup alongside Andy Murray when she was just 16.
Robson`s maturity brought rave reviews, with nine-times champion Martina -Navratilova predicting that the teenager will go on to be a top-10 player one day as she has the potential to do well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!
- Sensex opens in green on renewed buying; up 58 points
- 10 killed as bus falls into canal in Telangana's Khammam