Caroline Wozniacki, Ana Ivanovic advance in Cincinnati Open
Washington: Caroline Wozniacki and Ana Ivanovic advanced to the second round of the Western & Southern Open women`s singles with straight-set victories over the respective opening round opponents.
The 12th seed, Wozniacki, beat Magdalena Rybarikova 6-2, 6-3 Monday. It was the 15th win for Wozniacki in the last 18 matches, reports Xinhua.
The Danish tennis star reached her first career Grand Slam final five years ago at the US Open.
Meanwhile, ninth seeded, Ivanovic beat Sorana Cirstea 6-1, 7-5.
The Serb finished the first set within half an hour. She was 1-4 down in the second set but she tied the score after winning three straight love games and closed the match 7-5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing