Caroline Wozniacki, Ana Ivanovic advance in Cincinnati Open
Washington: Caroline Wozniacki and Ana Ivanovic advanced to the second round of the Western & Southern Open women`s singles with straight-set victories over the respective opening round opponents.
The 12th seed, Wozniacki, beat Magdalena Rybarikova 6-2, 6-3 Monday. It was the 15th win for Wozniacki in the last 18 matches, reports Xinhua.
The Danish tennis star reached her first career Grand Slam final five years ago at the US Open.
Meanwhile, ninth seeded, Ivanovic beat Sorana Cirstea 6-1, 7-5.
The Serb finished the first set within half an hour. She was 1-4 down in the second set but she tied the score after winning three straight love games and closed the match 7-5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav