Caroline Wozniacki, Ana Ivanovic advance in Cincinnati Open
Washington: Caroline Wozniacki and Ana Ivanovic advanced to the second round of the Western & Southern Open women`s singles with straight-set victories over the respective opening round opponents.
The 12th seed, Wozniacki, beat Magdalena Rybarikova 6-2, 6-3 Monday. It was the 15th win for Wozniacki in the last 18 matches, reports Xinhua.
The Danish tennis star reached her first career Grand Slam final five years ago at the US Open.
Meanwhile, ninth seeded, Ivanovic beat Sorana Cirstea 6-1, 7-5.
The Serb finished the first set within half an hour. She was 1-4 down in the second set but she tied the score after winning three straight love games and closed the match 7-5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui