Caroline Wozniacki back to winning ways in Luxembourg
Luxembourg: Caroline Wozniacki powered to the Luxembourg Open title as the top seeded Dane defeated Germany`s Annika Beck in straight sets in the final.
Wozniacki, 23, claimed a 6-2, 6-2 victory and the 21st title of her career.
Wozniacki, ranked ninth, who beat this year`s Wimbledon runner-up Sabine Lisicki in the semi-finals, gave 57th-ranked Beck no opening in their first meeting.
It was Wozniacki`s first title since the Kremlin Cup in Moscow in 2012.
Wozniacki, an alternate for the season-ending WTA Championships which starts in Istanbul this week, had seen a slump in form with her best result this season being runner-up in Indian Wells.
"This result in Luxembourg is going to give me a lot of confidence," she said.
Beck said she had learnt a lot in a week that saw her reach her first WTA final, her best previous run was to the semi-finals in Katowice last April.
The 19-year-old said she had "really enjoyed this week full of lessons for the future".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Sensex zooms 391 points to hit 1-week high
- Inclusion of Pakistani players will raise importance, status of Indian Premier League: Zaheer Abbas
- Bihar journalist Rajdeo Ranjan's murder: Major breakthrough - Five shooters arrested in connection with case
- Primordial black holes and dark matter are linked: NASA
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced