Chicken farmer`s son not scared ahead of Djokovic clash
London: After clipping the wings of the last year`s runner-up, Taiwanese chicken farmer`s son Lu Yen-hsun faces Novak Djokovic seeking a place in the Wimbledon semi-finals.
Lu, who also goes by the name of "Randy", provided the championships with their biggest shock when he tamed Andy Roddick`s brutal serve and became the first Asian man to reach a grand slam quarter-final since 1995.
The 26-year-old, who entertained journalists with a news conference punctuated with anecdotes about chasing chickens around his father`s farm, is ranked 82 in the world.
"I know the next opponent is Djokovic," Lu said. "I don`t know how far I can play. I cannot tell you. But I can tell you if I have a chance to step on the court, I will fight to the end."
Lu is an unfamiliar name in an otherwise predictable quarter-final line-up which includes the four top seeds.
Champion Roger Federer hit top form in his straight sets demolition of Juergen Melzer and now faces Tomas Berdych while Rafa Nadal`s match against the hard-hitting Robin Soderling is an intriguing repeat of the French Open final.
Briton Andy Murray, who has not dropped a set so far in the tournament, takes on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the second Frenchman he has faced after beating Gilles Simon in round three. Murray believes an enthusiatic Centre Court crowd could give him an edge.
"He`s very exciting to watch," Murray said. "I`m sure there will be some great shots played in the match.”
"All the time when you play on Centre Court, obviously it does change a bit depending on what round, but the support`s always great. The crowd`s always into it when the British guys are playing.”
"I`m sure the match against Tsonga won`t be any different. Hopefully I can perform well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands