China Open: Li Na eases past Hantuchova
Beijing: Chinese No.1 Li Na was hardly tested in the opening round of the China Open as she swept past Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia in straight sets here Sunday.
The World No.5 needed just an hour and 30 minutes to defeat the Slovakian 6-0, 6-4, reports Xinhua.
The first set was a lopsided one as Li broke her opponent three times and used only 30 minutes to take the set.
Hantuchova did not win her first game of the match until she held serve in the fifth game of the second set. The 30-year-old then picked up her momentum to break Li for the first time to pull within 4-3.
However, Li hit back and took the set 6-4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends