China Open: Paes-Nestor ousted; Somdev wins
Beijing: Leander Paes and Daniel Nestor`s bid to win their second title of the season together failed as they lost the semifinals of the China Open to Italian pair of Fabio Fognini and Andreas Seppi, here on Saturday.
The top-seeded Indo-Canadian pair lost 6-3 5-7 8-10 to the unseeded rivals in one hour and 21 minutes.
Paes had combined with Nestor to win his first title of the season at Winston-Salem (USA) in August.
After that Paes had won US Open with regular partner Radek Stepanek. Meanwhile, Somdev Devvarman won his first round in the Shanghai Masters Qualifiers as he edged past local wild card
Siyu Liu 6-1 4-6 6-1. He now needs to beat Japanese Tatsuma Ito to make the main draw. It will be third meeting between Somdev and Tatsuma, whom the Indian beaten in 2009 in Washington and at at Atlanta in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video