China Open: Paes-Nestor ousted; Somdev wins
Beijing: Leander Paes and Daniel Nestor`s bid to win their second title of the season together failed as they lost the semifinals of the China Open to Italian pair of Fabio Fognini and Andreas Seppi, here on Saturday.
The top-seeded Indo-Canadian pair lost 6-3 5-7 8-10 to the unseeded rivals in one hour and 21 minutes.
Paes had combined with Nestor to win his first title of the season at Winston-Salem (USA) in August.
After that Paes had won US Open with regular partner Radek Stepanek. Meanwhile, Somdev Devvarman won his first round in the Shanghai Masters Qualifiers as he edged past local wild card
Siyu Liu 6-1 4-6 6-1. He now needs to beat Japanese Tatsuma Ito to make the main draw. It will be third meeting between Somdev and Tatsuma, whom the Indian beaten in 2009 in Washington and at at Atlanta in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!