China Open: Paes-Nestor ousted; Somdev wins
Beijing: Leander Paes and Daniel Nestor`s bid to win their second title of the season together failed as they lost the semifinals of the China Open to Italian pair of Fabio Fognini and Andreas Seppi, here on Saturday.
The top-seeded Indo-Canadian pair lost 6-3 5-7 8-10 to the unseeded rivals in one hour and 21 minutes.
Paes had combined with Nestor to win his first title of the season at Winston-Salem (USA) in August.
After that Paes had won US Open with regular partner Radek Stepanek. Meanwhile, Somdev Devvarman won his first round in the Shanghai Masters Qualifiers as he edged past local wild card
Siyu Liu 6-1 4-6 6-1. He now needs to beat Japanese Tatsuma Ito to make the main draw. It will be third meeting between Somdev and Tatsuma, whom the Indian beaten in 2009 in Washington and at at Atlanta in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- No friction between Army, CRPF over Pampore operations: Northern Command
- Pakistan cannot 'conquer' Kashmir through war: Hina Rabbani Khar
- Militant killed in J&K encounter in Lolab area
- Facebook Messenger could soon let you undo sent messages
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn