China Open: Sania Mirza-Cara Black win trophy
Beijing: Sania Mirza won her second title in a row as she lifted the China Open trophy with Cara Black, demolishing the challenge of Vera Dushevina and Arantxa Parra Santonja in straight sets, here on Saturday.
The eighth seeded Indo-Zimbabwean pair thrashed the Russian-Spanish combo 6-2 6-2 in the summit clash, which lasted one hour and six minutes.
Sania and Cara had won Pan Pacific Open in Toyko last week and the two players have now won nine matches on the trot.
It is fifth title of the season for the Indian ace and 19th overall. Sania had won the New Haven event with Chinese Zheng before teaming up with Cara.
Early in the season, she captured titles in Dubai and Brisbane with American partner Bethanie-Mattek Sands.
After Bethanie-Mattek decided to put all her energy on the singles, Sania has teamed up with four different partners -- America`s Liezel Huber, Italy`s Flavia Pennetta, China`s Jie Zheng and now Cara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi