China`s Li Na shocked in Eastbourne
Eastbourne (England): Second seed Li Na was upset by Russia`s Elena Vesnina in the women`s singles quarterfinals of the Aegon International here.
The World No.6 and former French Open champion lost 6-7(4), 3-6 to Vesnina, ranked 36th in the world, in one hour and 40 minutes on Thursday, reports Xinhua.
In other matches, Fernando Lopez beat Fernando Verdasco 6-4, 7-6 (6) in an all-Spanish men`s singles affair. Lopez will next take on Ivan Dodig of Croatia, who defeated eighth seed Fabio Fognini 6-3, 6-2.
American Jamie Hampton reached the semifinals with a 3-6, 7-6(1), 6-4 victory over Czech Republic`s Lucie Safarova.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'