China`s Li Na shocked in Eastbourne
Eastbourne (England): Second seed Li Na was upset by Russia`s Elena Vesnina in the women`s singles quarterfinals of the Aegon International here.
The World No.6 and former French Open champion lost 6-7(4), 3-6 to Vesnina, ranked 36th in the world, in one hour and 40 minutes on Thursday, reports Xinhua.
In other matches, Fernando Lopez beat Fernando Verdasco 6-4, 7-6 (6) in an all-Spanish men`s singles affair. Lopez will next take on Ivan Dodig of Croatia, who defeated eighth seed Fabio Fognini 6-3, 6-2.
American Jamie Hampton reached the semifinals with a 3-6, 7-6(1), 6-4 victory over Czech Republic`s Lucie Safarova.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating