China`s Xu Xin wins ITTF World Tour Grand Finals
Hangzhou: Top seed Xu Xin won the men`s singles title at the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) World Tour Grand Finals here, beating Chinese teammate Wang Hao.
Xu, 22, won the Sunday`s final in four straight games (11-8, 11-7, 11-6, 11-7) and thus reversed the decision of one year ago when he had suffered defeat at the hands of Wang Hao at the quarter-final stage in London, Xinhua reports.
It is Xu`s first major title of his career. He collected $104,000 for this milestone victory, and Wang Hao earned $52,000.
In the women`s doubles final, Singapore`s Feng Tianwei and Yu Mengyu, who qualified for the year-ending tournament only after Romanian pair Daniela Dodean and Elizabeta Samara pulled out, defeated second-seeded Cheng I-Ching and Huang Yi-Hua of Chinese Taipei 11-13, 11-13, 11-8, 11-4, 11-3, 5-11, 11-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing