China`s Xu Xin wins ITTF World Tour Grand Finals
Hangzhou: Top seed Xu Xin won the men`s singles title at the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) World Tour Grand Finals here, beating Chinese teammate Wang Hao.
Xu, 22, won the Sunday`s final in four straight games (11-8, 11-7, 11-6, 11-7) and thus reversed the decision of one year ago when he had suffered defeat at the hands of Wang Hao at the quarter-final stage in London, Xinhua reports.
It is Xu`s first major title of his career. He collected $104,000 for this milestone victory, and Wang Hao earned $52,000.
In the women`s doubles final, Singapore`s Feng Tianwei and Yu Mengyu, who qualified for the year-ending tournament only after Romanian pair Daniela Dodean and Elizabeta Samara pulled out, defeated second-seeded Cheng I-Ching and Huang Yi-Hua of Chinese Taipei 11-13, 11-13, 11-8, 11-4, 11-3, 5-11, 11-2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal