Chinese Taipei win men`s doubles TT title
Paris: Chinese Taipei`s Chen Chien-An and Chuang Chih-Yuan upset Hao Shuai and Ma Lin from China to win the men`s doubles title at the World Table Tennis Championships here.
Chen and Chuang fought back from one game down to win three in a row but Ma, former Olympic Champion, and Hao Shuai took the fifth before the Chinese Taipei tandem sealed the victory Sunday by taking the sixth 11-8.
This was the second event that China failed to win at the World Championships following the mixed doubles and the third title they have lost since the 2003 worlds in Paris.
China cleanswept all five titles from 2005 to 2011 at all World Championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city