Cibulkova withdraws from US Open with rib injury
New York: French Open semifinalist Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia has pulled out of the US Open, citing a rib injury.
Cibulkova is No. 16 in this week`s WTA rankings and she would have been seeded at the year`s last Grand Slam tournament. Her withdrawal allows Alberta Brianti of Italy to move into the main draw.
The US Open begins Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Congress leader Sheila Dikshit to head panel for Indira Gandhi Birth Centenary Celebrations
- IIFA diaries: Athiya Shetty basking under Spanish sun!
- Vodafone to file prospectus for IPO in August, plans to raise $2.5 billion: Sources
- Shooting World Cup: Gagan Narang, Abhinav Bindra Disappoint in Finals
- Hailstorms, rain, tornado kill 51 persons in eastern China, dozens injured