Cibulkova withdraws from US Open with rib injury
New York: French Open semifinalist Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia has pulled out of the US Open, citing a rib injury.
Cibulkova is No. 16 in this week`s WTA rankings and she would have been seeded at the year`s last Grand Slam tournament. Her withdrawal allows Alberta Brianti of Italy to move into the main draw.
The US Open begins Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore