Cibulkova withdraws from US Open with rib injury
New York: French Open semifinalist Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia has pulled out of the US Open, citing a rib injury.
Cibulkova is No. 16 in this week`s WTA rankings and she would have been seeded at the year`s last Grand Slam tournament. Her withdrawal allows Alberta Brianti of Italy to move into the main draw.
The US Open begins Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!