Cilic thanks Djokovic for support during doping suspension days
Washington: Croatian tennis player Marin Cilic has thanked his compatriots and Serbian superstar Novak Djokovic for their continued support during his doping suspension period as he prepares for a new 2014 season.
According to TennisWorldUSA.org, Cilic said that Djokovic publicly took a stand for him and Viktor Troicki and he was thankful to him.
He added that he was really surprised with Djokovic`s move because he does not know which other tennis player would react as he did and publicly oppose the ITF and the ATP in his place.
The Croatian is hoping to put the dark period of 2013 behind him going into the fresh 2014 season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31