CLTA signs agreement with Madrid Tennis Foundation
Chandigarh: Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Association (CLTA) on Saturday signed a protocol with its Spanish counterpart, Madrid Tennis Foundation (MTF) with an aim of improving the quality of the sport in the region.
The protocol was signed between Rajan Kashyap, Patron in Chief of CLTA and Miguel Diaz Roman, President of MTF at a ceremony held at the CLTA tennis stadium here.
Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda was the chief guest during the occasion.
Under the protocol, which has been signed for three years, the training and coaching systems of CLTA will receive a big boost.
Top tennis coaches from Spain will visit CLTA regularly to upgrade the training facilities, help the coaches and provide latest skills to trainees, Kashyap said.
He also informed that five children from CLTA`s acclaimed academy of Rural Tennis would go to Spain for training exposure in latest global tennis techniques for a period of 2 to 3 weeks, and MTF will coordinate the training programme.
Senior Spanish tennis official, Carlos Almazan Fernandez, Executive Director, MTF and Juan Carlos Andrade Hernandez, one of Spain`s top tennis coaches also attended the event.
An exhibition match was held, in which Vishnu Vardhan, Vijayant Malik and Vivek Shaukin participated.
Meanwhile, Hooda appointed Vijayant to the post of inspector in the state police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video