CLTA signs agreement with Madrid Tennis Foundation
Chandigarh: Chandigarh Lawn Tennis Association (CLTA) on Saturday signed a protocol with its Spanish counterpart, Madrid Tennis Foundation (MTF) with an aim of improving the quality of the sport in the region.
The protocol was signed between Rajan Kashyap, Patron in Chief of CLTA and Miguel Diaz Roman, President of MTF at a ceremony held at the CLTA tennis stadium here.
Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda was the chief guest during the occasion.
Under the protocol, which has been signed for three years, the training and coaching systems of CLTA will receive a big boost.
Top tennis coaches from Spain will visit CLTA regularly to upgrade the training facilities, help the coaches and provide latest skills to trainees, Kashyap said.
He also informed that five children from CLTA`s acclaimed academy of Rural Tennis would go to Spain for training exposure in latest global tennis techniques for a period of 2 to 3 weeks, and MTF will coordinate the training programme.
Senior Spanish tennis official, Carlos Almazan Fernandez, Executive Director, MTF and Juan Carlos Andrade Hernandez, one of Spain`s top tennis coaches also attended the event.
An exhibition match was held, in which Vishnu Vardhan, Vijayant Malik and Vivek Shaukin participated.
Meanwhile, Hooda appointed Vijayant to the post of inspector in the state police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda