Coach says Williams is enduring `difficult period` in her life
Johannesburg: World number one Serena Williams` French coach has said that the American tennis ace is enduring a difficult period in her life.
Williams, whose Wimbledon campaign ended with her in tears on the verge of fainting, was knocked out in the third round of the singles at the All England Club before she retired from her doubles where her sister Venus led her off the court with problems attributed to a `viral illness`.
Williams` coach Patrick Mouratoglou admitted that the 32-year-old was facing a series of challenges in a season where she has yet to get beyond the fourth round at any of the Grand Slams, despite the coach refusing to discuss the American `s current mood, Sport24 reported.
Mouratoglou said that Williams is clearly going through a difficult period, but added that since Wimbledon, they have had long hours of talks and are getting back to work.
The Frenchman said that she is currently in the mood to get back to training so she can return even stronger, adding that at no time was there any question of them stopping their collaboration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi