Commonwealth TT: World No.4 Feng pulls out of singles
New Delhi: Singapore`s Feng Tianwei, the highest-ranked player at the ongoing Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships, has pulled out of the singles event citing fatigue.
Feng, however, will be leading Singapore`s charge in the team final against England at the Thyagaraj Stadium here on Wednesday.
The World No.4 will not be seen in singles event as she wants to rest ahead of the Paris World Championships beginning May 13.
"She is feeling tired. We also don`t want her to exert much ahead of the worlds. We are ready forego a sure shot gold medal," Singapore coach Jing Jun Hong said.
Feng won a singles bronze at the London Games, becoming the first from her country to win an individual Olympic medal since the 1960 edition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter