Commonwealth TT: World No.4 Feng pulls out of singles
New Delhi: Singapore`s Feng Tianwei, the highest-ranked player at the ongoing Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships, has pulled out of the singles event citing fatigue.
Feng, however, will be leading Singapore`s charge in the team final against England at the Thyagaraj Stadium here on Wednesday.
The World No.4 will not be seen in singles event as she wants to rest ahead of the Paris World Championships beginning May 13.
"She is feeling tired. We also don`t want her to exert much ahead of the worlds. We are ready forego a sure shot gold medal," Singapore coach Jing Jun Hong said.
Feng won a singles bronze at the London Games, becoming the first from her country to win an individual Olympic medal since the 1960 edition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing