Croatia Open: Fabio Fognini wins 13th match in row
Umag (Croatia): Italy`s Fabio Fognini won his 13th successive match on Saturday, reaching the Croatia Open final with a 6-0, 3-6, 7-6 (7/3) win over France`s Gael Monfils.
Fognini, 26, will tackle Tommy Robredo, the Spanish fifth seed who beat Andreas Seppi 6-3, 2-6, 6-4, in Sunday`s final.
Fognini will be looking to pick up a third title in three weeks after victories in Stuttgart and Hamburg.
The Italian led 5-0 in the final set but then was pulled back to 5-5, saving three match points in the 11th game before he took the tiebreaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months