Croatia Open: Fabio Fognini wins 13th match in row
Umag (Croatia): Italy`s Fabio Fognini won his 13th successive match on Saturday, reaching the Croatia Open final with a 6-0, 3-6, 7-6 (7/3) win over France`s Gael Monfils.
Fognini, 26, will tackle Tommy Robredo, the Spanish fifth seed who beat Andreas Seppi 6-3, 2-6, 6-4, in Sunday`s final.
Fognini will be looking to pick up a third title in three weeks after victories in Stuttgart and Hamburg.
The Italian led 5-0 in the final set but then was pulled back to 5-5, saving three match points in the 11th game before he took the tiebreaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing