Croatia Open: Fabio Fognini wins 13th match in row
Umag (Croatia): Italy`s Fabio Fognini won his 13th successive match on Saturday, reaching the Croatia Open final with a 6-0, 3-6, 7-6 (7/3) win over France`s Gael Monfils.
Fognini, 26, will tackle Tommy Robredo, the Spanish fifth seed who beat Andreas Seppi 6-3, 2-6, 6-4, in Sunday`s final.
Fognini will be looking to pick up a third title in three weeks after victories in Stuttgart and Hamburg.
The Italian led 5-0 in the final set but then was pulled back to 5-5, saving three match points in the 11th game before he took the tiebreaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch