‘Crocked’ Nadal ruled out of ATP London World Tour Finals due to chronic knee injury
London: Tennis ace Rafael Nadal has expressed his disappointment after being ruled out of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London with a chronic left knee problem.
The Spaniard has also withdrawn from the Paris Masters as he looks to regain full fitness for the start of 2013.
The announcement hasn’t come as a surprise, with the world number four having not played since his shock second-round loss to Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon in June.
Nadal missed the Olympics and the US Open after revealing he had a partial tear in his patella tendon, and it was always unlikely he would return during the indoor hard-court season.
“It`s disappointing for me to miss the last two tournaments of the season in Paris and London, but it doesn`t come as a surprise,” the Daily Mirror quoted Nadal, as saying.
“I will hopefully resume my tennis practice soon since I am making good progress with my recovery from injury,” he added.
“I am not ready to compete in time for these events so I will continue my recovery in Mallorca and work hard to be back as soon as possible,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi