‘Crocked’ Nadal ruled out of ATP London World Tour Finals due to chronic knee injury
London: Tennis ace Rafael Nadal has expressed his disappointment after being ruled out of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London with a chronic left knee problem.
The Spaniard has also withdrawn from the Paris Masters as he looks to regain full fitness for the start of 2013.
The announcement hasn’t come as a surprise, with the world number four having not played since his shock second-round loss to Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon in June.
Nadal missed the Olympics and the US Open after revealing he had a partial tear in his patella tendon, and it was always unlikely he would return during the indoor hard-court season.
“It`s disappointing for me to miss the last two tournaments of the season in Paris and London, but it doesn`t come as a surprise,” the Daily Mirror quoted Nadal, as saying.
“I will hopefully resume my tennis practice soon since I am making good progress with my recovery from injury,” he added.
“I am not ready to compete in time for these events so I will continue my recovery in Mallorca and work hard to be back as soon as possible,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what