Czech tie Netherlands 1-1 in Davis Cup first round
Prague: Defending champions Czech Republic drew 1-1 with the Netherlands in Davis Cup first round in Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Czech Radek Stepanek lost to Robin Haase 6-3, 4-6, 7-6, 2-6, 1-6 in the opening match. After that, Tomas Berdych beat Dutch Igor Sijsling 6-3, 6-3, 6-0 to bring Czech Republic back on level terms Friday, reports Xinhua.
The match continues Saturday with Czech pair of Rosol and Vesely to face Dutch Rojer and De Bakker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family