Czechs to miss Kvitova in Fed Cup against Spain
Prague: The Czech Republic Fed Cup team will be without world number six Petra Kvitova in the first-round tie against Spain in Sevilla on February 8-9, it said on its Facebook page as she battles against illness.
"I`m very sorry... I have to stay at home and cure the virosis," said the 23-year-old Kvitova, who led the Czech team to Fed Cup victories in 2011 and 2012.
The Czech team comprises world number 27 Lucie Safarova, 34th-ranked Klara Zakopalova, 74th-ranked Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova, and Andrea Hlavackova, world number nine in doubles.
Spain, who last won the trophy in 1998, have picked 16th-ranked Carla Suarez Navarro alongside Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor (65), Silvia Soler-Espinosa (77) and Lara Arruabarrena (99) for their team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown