Czechs to miss Kvitova in Fed Cup against Spain
Prague: The Czech Republic Fed Cup team will be without world number six Petra Kvitova in the first-round tie against Spain in Sevilla on February 8-9, it said on its Facebook page as she battles against illness.
"I`m very sorry... I have to stay at home and cure the virosis," said the 23-year-old Kvitova, who led the Czech team to Fed Cup victories in 2011 and 2012.
The Czech team comprises world number 27 Lucie Safarova, 34th-ranked Klara Zakopalova, 74th-ranked Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova, and Andrea Hlavackova, world number nine in doubles.
Spain, who last won the trophy in 1998, have picked 16th-ranked Carla Suarez Navarro alongside Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor (65), Silvia Soler-Espinosa (77) and Lara Arruabarrena (99) for their team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state