Czechs to miss Kvitova in Fed Cup against Spain
Prague: The Czech Republic Fed Cup team will be without world number six Petra Kvitova in the first-round tie against Spain in Sevilla on February 8-9, it said on its Facebook page as she battles against illness.
"I`m very sorry... I have to stay at home and cure the virosis," said the 23-year-old Kvitova, who led the Czech team to Fed Cup victories in 2011 and 2012.
The Czech team comprises world number 27 Lucie Safarova, 34th-ranked Klara Zakopalova, 74th-ranked Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova, and Andrea Hlavackova, world number nine in doubles.
Spain, who last won the trophy in 1998, have picked 16th-ranked Carla Suarez Navarro alongside Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor (65), Silvia Soler-Espinosa (77) and Lara Arruabarrena (99) for their team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police