Daniela Hantuchova wins Pattaya Open again
Pattaya: Slovakia`s Daniela Hantuchova won her second straight Pattaya Open title, defeating Russia`s Maria Kirilenko 6-7 (4), 6-3, 6-3.
This was Hantuchova`s fifth career title and her first since winning in Thailand a year ago.
Hantuchova, seeded third, won in 3 hours, 14 minutes. Kirilenko had already spent more than 9½ hours on court just to get to the final, her first on the WTA Tour in nearly 16 months.
The Russian double-faulted to give Hantuchova the crucial break and a 5-3 lead in the deciding set. Hantuchova closed the win with help of two forehand winners down the line.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?