David Goffin wins Kitzbuhel title, extends win streak to 20
David Goffin claimed his maiden tour title on Saturday with a 4-6, 6-1, 6-3 win over Austria`s Dominic Thiem in the Kitzbuhel final, extending his winning streak to 20 matches in the process.
The Belgian wild card rallied from an early deficit in the last claycourt match on the ATP World Tour in 2014 with a victory which will also take him into the top 50 next week after being outside the top 100 just a month ago.
"It`s a great day for me, to win an ATP (World Tour) 250," said 23-year-old Goffin, whose winning streak had been based on two titles on the second-tier Challenger circuit.
"You work so much in the fitness room and on the court for a moment like today. You play so many practices and so many matches to have this emotion, so when you win the match point you can`t control it."
Goffin is the first Belgian winner on the ATP World Tour since Xavier Malisse claimed victory in Delray Beach seven years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened