Davis Cup: Argentina-France tied at 1-1
Buenos Aires: Juan Monaco defeated Gilles Simon 7-6 (2), 6-2, 6-4 to leave the Argentina-France tied at 1-1 after the first two singles in the Davis Cup quarterfinals.
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga earned France a 1-0 lead after the first singles, defeating Carlos Berlocq 4-6, 6-2, 6-3, 5-7, 6-2 in the clay court of Parque Roca, in southern Buenos Aires Friday, Xinhua reports.
France have beaten Argentina in all five of their previous Davis Cup showdowns. The winner faces Kazakhstan or the Czech Republic in the semifinals. The Argentines are aiming to win their first Davis Cup title.
The doubles are set for Saturday with David Nalbandian (128) and Horacio Zeballos (39) facing Michael Llondra (61) and Juliean Benneteau (27). The reverse singles are Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali