Davis Cup: Argentina-France tied at 1-1
Buenos Aires: Juan Monaco defeated Gilles Simon 7-6 (2), 6-2, 6-4 to leave the Argentina-France tied at 1-1 after the first two singles in the Davis Cup quarterfinals.
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga earned France a 1-0 lead after the first singles, defeating Carlos Berlocq 4-6, 6-2, 6-3, 5-7, 6-2 in the clay court of Parque Roca, in southern Buenos Aires Friday, Xinhua reports.
France have beaten Argentina in all five of their previous Davis Cup showdowns. The winner faces Kazakhstan or the Czech Republic in the semifinals. The Argentines are aiming to win their first Davis Cup title.
The doubles are set for Saturday with David Nalbandian (128) and Horacio Zeballos (39) facing Michael Llondra (61) and Juliean Benneteau (27). The reverse singles are Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal