Davis Cup: India take unassailable 3-0 lead against New Zealand
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Chandigarh: Vishnu Vardhan and Divij Sharan defeated Michael Venus and Artem Sitak of New Zealand to give India unassailable 3-0 lead as the host won the Davis Cup Asia-Oceania relegation play-off tie on Saturday.
Earlier, Vishnu registered a comfortable victory over Jose Statham in the second singles to give India a commanding 2-0 lead on Saturday.
Up by two sets to one in the match, which was stopped on Friday due to fading light, Vishnu dominated the proceedings as he took just 31 minutes to complete the win.
Vishnu served as well as returned extremely well to beat the Kiwi number one, who is ranked 55 places below him at number 317, 6-2 6-7(5) 6-4 6-2 in a match that lasted a total duration of two hours and 57 minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH