Davis Cup results: Czech Republic vs Spain
Prague: The 2012 Davis Cup final had an exciting finish with the Czech Republic clinching it in the fifth rubber against defending champions Spain 3-2.
The Czech Republic took the crucial doubles Saturday to get into the driver`s seat with a 2-1 lead, but Spain fought back through David Ferrer to level the tie 2-2 by beating Tomas Berdych before veteran Radek Stepanek pulled off the fifth rubber against Nicolas Almagro.
Friday (Czech Republic 1, Spain 1):
• David Ferrer (Spain) beat Radek Stepanek (Czech Republic) 6-3, 6-4, 6-4.
• Tomas Berdych (Czech Republic) beat Nicolas Almagro (Spain) 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 6-7, 6-3.
Saturday (Czech Republic 2, Spain 1):
• Berdych and Stepanek beat Granollers and Lopez 3-6, 7-5, 7-5, 6-3.
Sunday (Czech Republic 3, Spain 2):
• Ferrer beat Berdych 6-2, 6-3, 7-5.
• Stepanek beat Almagro 6-4, 7-6, 3-6, 6-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption