Davis Cup results: Czech Republic vs Spain
Prague: The 2012 Davis Cup final had an exciting finish with the Czech Republic clinching it in the fifth rubber against defending champions Spain 3-2.
The Czech Republic took the crucial doubles Saturday to get into the driver`s seat with a 2-1 lead, but Spain fought back through David Ferrer to level the tie 2-2 by beating Tomas Berdych before veteran Radek Stepanek pulled off the fifth rubber against Nicolas Almagro.
Friday (Czech Republic 1, Spain 1):
• David Ferrer (Spain) beat Radek Stepanek (Czech Republic) 6-3, 6-4, 6-4.
• Tomas Berdych (Czech Republic) beat Nicolas Almagro (Spain) 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 6-7, 6-3.
Saturday (Czech Republic 2, Spain 1):
• Berdych and Stepanek beat Granollers and Lopez 3-6, 7-5, 7-5, 6-3.
Sunday (Czech Republic 3, Spain 2):
• Ferrer beat Berdych 6-2, 6-3, 7-5.
• Stepanek beat Almagro 6-4, 7-6, 3-6, 6-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar