Davis Cup results: Czech Republic vs Spain
Prague: The 2012 Davis Cup final had an exciting finish with the Czech Republic clinching it in the fifth rubber against defending champions Spain 3-2.
The Czech Republic took the crucial doubles Saturday to get into the driver`s seat with a 2-1 lead, but Spain fought back through David Ferrer to level the tie 2-2 by beating Tomas Berdych before veteran Radek Stepanek pulled off the fifth rubber against Nicolas Almagro.
Friday (Czech Republic 1, Spain 1):
• David Ferrer (Spain) beat Radek Stepanek (Czech Republic) 6-3, 6-4, 6-4.
• Tomas Berdych (Czech Republic) beat Nicolas Almagro (Spain) 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 6-7, 6-3.
Saturday (Czech Republic 2, Spain 1):
• Berdych and Stepanek beat Granollers and Lopez 3-6, 7-5, 7-5, 6-3.
Sunday (Czech Republic 3, Spain 2):
• Ferrer beat Berdych 6-2, 6-3, 7-5.
• Stepanek beat Almagro 6-4, 7-6, 3-6, 6-3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list