Delhi`s Anand in line for a double
Mumbai: Kunal Anand of Delhi entered the men`s singles final to remain in line for a double crown in the Khar Gymkhana All India Men`s Open Tennis Tournament on Saturday.
The second seed Anand, who entered the men`s doubles final with partner Aditya Tewari yesterday, halted statemate and fourth seed Shantanu Rajput with a 6-2 6-1 win to set up a title clash with top seed Nitin Kirtane of Maharashtra.
Pune`s Kirtane ended Gujarat qualifier Vaidik Munshaw`s winning streak with a 6-2 6-0 win in the other semi-final.
Results: 1-Nitin Kirtane bt Vaidik Munshaw (Guj) 6-2, 6-0; 2-Kunal Anand (Del) bt 4-Shantanu Rajput (Del) 6-2, 6-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory