Delhi`s Anand in line for a double
Mumbai: Kunal Anand of Delhi entered the men`s singles final to remain in line for a double crown in the Khar Gymkhana All India Men`s Open Tennis Tournament on Saturday.
The second seed Anand, who entered the men`s doubles final with partner Aditya Tewari yesterday, halted statemate and fourth seed Shantanu Rajput with a 6-2 6-1 win to set up a title clash with top seed Nitin Kirtane of Maharashtra.
Pune`s Kirtane ended Gujarat qualifier Vaidik Munshaw`s winning streak with a 6-2 6-0 win in the other semi-final.
Results: 1-Nitin Kirtane bt Vaidik Munshaw (Guj) 6-2, 6-0; 2-Kunal Anand (Del) bt 4-Shantanu Rajput (Del) 6-2, 6-1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!